Table of Contents
Being an applicant of Express Entry program, all candidates are requested for Proof of Means of Financial Support (AKA proof of funds letter for Canada Immigration). Proof of funds letter is used to you show IRCC that you have enough money to settle in Canada. If you received an invitation you to apply, you must give written proof that you have this money.
Who needs proof of funds ?
You need proof of funds to meet the minimum requirements of the
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
What is accepted as proof of funds ?
Per IRCC, for proof, you must get official letters from any banks or financial institutions where you’re keeping money.
- be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead
- include their contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
- include your name
- list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
- include, for each current bank and investment account, the
- account numbers
- date each account was opened
- current balance of each account
- average balance for the past 6 months
Who does not need proof of funds ?
You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family if
- you are applying under the Canadian Experience Class or
- you’re authorized to work in Canada and you have a valid job offer, even if you apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program or the Federal Skilled Trades Program
How much money you’ll need
The amount of money you need to support your family depends on the size of your family. To calculate the size of your family you must include
- your spouse or partner
- dependent children and
- your spouse’s dependent children
Include your spouse or dependent children even if they’re
- permanent residents or Canadian citizens
- not coming to Canada with you
This table shows the minimum amount you need to immigrate to Canada. If you have more money, you should list the full amount in your profile or application.
(in Canadian dollars)
|For each additional family member
As per this link from IRCC “The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer.”
Here is the sample proof of funds letter for Canada immigration in case you need upload if got an invitation under Canadian experience class:
You may download it in word format from link below